International Tax Planning, which means managing the complexities of multiple tax regulations around the world is what you would need.
It is one of the vital aspects of any business, especially when business demands cross-border transactions or global expansion.
International Taxation means adhering to varied tax laws of a different jurisdiction when an entity undertakes cross-border transactions.
It includes the application of tax laws in the respective jurisdictions and determining tax obligations of entities in the affected jurisdictions.
In general, an entity needs to determine the tax expenditure in each jurisdiction of its operation and its exposure to tax liabilities in the jurisdiction in which it conducts its business.
International Taxation Advisory Service in Dubai, UAE
Emirates Chartered Accountants Group - International Taxation Advisory Services in Dubai, UAE.
Call for Consultation
CA Manu Palerichal I CEO & Partner
Mob: +971 502828727
Economic Substance Regulation is another compliance requirement for entities registered in the UAE. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ministry initially enacted Cabinet
Tax Residency Certificate (TRC) also known as Tax Domicile Certificate is an official document issued by the Tax Authorities in the UAE.
UAE, a most rapidly growing business hub, is the gateway between the Asia Pacific and Europe for cross-border transactions. Hence International Tax Planning is a very important matter for most of the businesses operating in this region.
To improve international competitiveness, the UAE started shifting towards a taxation economy that encourages transparency and improves economic diversification. The UAE introduced Excise Tax in the year 2017 and Value Added Tax (VAT) in 2018. Subsequently, there are many developments with respect to improving international tax compliance in the country which are commendable and necessary.
The UAE has given a green signal to the internationally agreed standards on exchange of information for tax purposes both “EOIR” (Exchange of Information on Request (‘EOIR’) and Automatic Exchange of Information (from OECD)
The UAE is largely compliant with the requirements of CRS (Common Reporting Standards) as well as FATCA to improve international tax compliance and international tax reporting.
The United Arab Emirates joined the Inclusive Framework of BEPS (“ Base Erosion and Profit Shifting ”) on 16th May 2018 and became the 116th jurisdiction on the list. Hence the UAE is committed to implementing BEPS 4 minimum standards. In the year 2019, UAE implemented the following two regulations;
Now the United Arab Emirates is committed to the relevant overseas authorities to report within the timelines.
At Emirates Chartered Accountants Group, we have a team of expert tax professionals and consultants who are experienced in various tax regimes in the UAE as well as GCC. There is a separate wing for handling International Tax matters within the Tax division of Emirates Chartered Accountants Group. Tax experts in IECnet member firms in several countries work together on cases we handle which ensure that the transactions are handled in the most tax-efficient manner that all laws are complied with.
It helps you to avoid pitfalls in the decision-making process and safeguards the probable tax risks. You can avail tax opportunities through our guidance on multiple tax regulations.
We address your concerns with an international mindset. We helped many businesses in their worldwide expansion for the implementation of tax structures across the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
News & Articles
Feb 22, 2024
Navigating Taxation Challenges: Understanding Your Options for Appeals with the FTA in the UAE In the complex landscape of taxation, it's not uncommon for taxpayers to find themselv...VIEW ALL
People usually ask
Ans: • We are a global firm, with a local touch. We have our offices set up in the United Kingdom, India and Bahrain.
• As a member of IECnet, the Int’l Network of Auditors, Accountants & Tax Practitioners, (having participating firms from more than 65 countries), we have our wings spread internationally. This helps in giving credence to our advice and ensure practical viability.
• Our expert international taxation team has experience of interpreting laws of multiple countries, that would assist you in tax planning.
• Country specific compliances are executed through our network firms.
• The countries in which the Income-tax provisions are enacted has a provision wherein, the payer shall deduct a certain amount and pay to the exchequer rather than the recipient paying Income-tax in the other country. These provisions are called withholding tax provisions.
• To avoid or reduce such deductibility at the time of payment, one will have to analyse the local laws along with the Double Tax Avoidance Agreement between the other country and the UAE.
• Also, the one can review if routing the transaction in a different manner would be economically and practically viable for the Company.