Investigative Auditing consists of the detection, tracing, quantification and prevention of fraud, money laundering and terror finance. Investigative Auditing involves the examination of accounts and the use of accounting procedures to discover financial irregularities and to follow the movement of funds and assets in organizations.
The objects of Investigative Auditing include, inter alia
- identification of suspects;
- determination of damages;
- quantification of damages;
- prevention of damage;
- identification of financial activity;
- tracing of financial assets.